Manning and Gurney Appointed to PBA Board of Directors
BUFFALO, NY/FORT ERIE, ON – The Buffalo and Fort Erie Public Bridge Authority (PBA) today announced the appointment of Kenneth A. Manning and reappointment of Charles L. Gurney III (“Sam Gurney”) to the PBA board of directors.
Kenneth A. Manning was appointed by Governor Andrew Cuomo and confirmed by the New York State Senate on June 17, 2016. Mr. Manning is a partner at Phillips Lytle LLP, where he has experience in corporate and commercial litigation. He also concentrates his practice in the area of education law and leads Phillips Lytle’s Education Practice Team. He is the past recipient of the University at Buffalo School of Law’s distinguished alumni award and various other pro bono community service awards from the New York State Bar Association. He has been ranked a “Top-50 Upstate New York Super Lawyer” and also serves on the Roswell Park Cancer Institute board of directors, the University at Buffalo School of Law Dean’s Advisory Council, and the Daemen College Community Advisory Board.
Charles L. Gurney III (Sam Gurney) was reappointed to the PBA board as her deputy by Sister Denise Roche, the new Chair of the Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority. Mr. Gurney was first appointed to the PBA Board in October 2012. He is president of Gurney, Becker & Bourne and has worked in commercial real estate for more than 25 years. Mr. Gurney is a member of the Society of Industrial and Office REALTORS (SIOR), and sits on the Greater Buffalo Board of Real Estate (GBBR) and the City of Buffalo Preservation Board, and has been a long-time director of the Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA).
The PBA is governed by a ten-member board, consisting of five members from New York State and five members from Canada. Mr. Manning and Mr. Gurney both represent New York State.
About the Buffalo and Fort Erie Public Bridge Authority
The Buffalo and Fort Erie Public Bridge Authority, a binational bridge authority, has owned and operated the Peace Bridge since 1933. The bridge, which was opened to traffic in 1927, spans the Niagara River between Fort Erie, Ontario, and Buffalo, New York, and is a key international border crossing.